Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Taiwan Museum of Drinking Water





Yes, once again, I found myself at a weird museum, though, this time by myself. If you'll recall, I took a trip back in March to the Taiwan Nougut Museum. While this trip was similarly themed (they are both odd museums) this trip was much more fulfilling.


The museum is housed in a turn of the century pump house used by the Taipei city Water Department, and it was nice to see a building that wasn't big and blocky and covered in tiles.



Here's an exterior pan of the building







As far as museums go, it wasn't anything spectacular. Inside the building was lots of pump equipment and machinery and such with brief explanations of how things worked and some plaques about the history of the Taipei Municipal Water System.





Interior Pan








Around lots of the equipment were signs like this one, advising one to not hit their head!

At the back of the museum there were stair to a loft sort of area and a neat switchboard set in marble!




I even took some artistic black and white pictures!



And did my best not to pull any switches (and not get caught).



After leaving the museum, I did my tourist duty and bought a bottle of water at the vending machine. It only seemed right. . .



So, overall, the trip was lots of fun, and really interesting. More adventures to come, until then.

Zai Jian!

No comments:

Post a Comment